Another month, another list of successes and failures. Not so much “failures”, as things I’m continuing to work on. Areas to grow in. Goals that need a bit more attention. What exactly are my November goals? Read on.
Let’s start with the Successes:
- Start the Whole 30 – Woot woot! I finished the whole30! What a journey this has been. It was awesome. I feel great and I lost about 8 pounds. I am planning to do it again 🙂
- Go to bed by 11:00 nightly – Yes! I’m calling this one a win too. I consistently went to bed much earlier and the only times I did not, I was up writing for the blog. That shouldn’t count against me should it?
- Date night with Big Jon – Another win! We actually went on a really fun fall drive and crafting adventure a couple weekends ago which was great fun. We also went to dinner with some friends this week. 🙂
- Limit my TV time to 1 show per day – I am calling this one a win too. I finished Switched at Birth and have just been watching a bit of TV here and there. Mostly when I’m working or cross-stitching. That’s quite an improvement!
- Get through Elite Blog Academy (EBA) Module 2: Unit 4 – I have been diligently working on this and have finally completed unit 4. This month I’m participating in a couple of blog hops and I am working with another blogger on a post project. 🙂 Yeah me!
- Increase my social media followers by 100 – My current followers are as such:
September October November
Facebook – 118 126 160 +34
Twitter – 110 113 119 +6
Instagram – 146 192 259 +67
Pinterest – 355 388 541 +153
Bloglovin – 63 70 71 +1
That is a total increase of 261!!!
- Stick to my editorial calendar unless the Lord intervenes. YUP, This one went great.
- Create a Social Media schedule. I’m super excited that I purchased Co-schedule and this is going great! More on this later.
- Get on an accountability schedule with my partner. I’m sad to say that my accountability partner had to back out and I am now searching for a new one. I’m currently taking applications. 🙂
- Create a manageable budget– done.
Goals Still in Progress
- Engage with the Lord – This is going to be my #1 goal for November. As I know from experience, if I am successful in this area, I will be successful in the rest of my life.
1. Reading devotional daily
2. Starting a prayer journal
- Move my direct deposit to savings and keep that money in savings – This is just silly, that I haven’t dropped off this form. Seriously.
Organize my email by creating appropriate mailboxes.So I didn’t do this, but now I’m wondering why this was important. I’m nixing it.
- Walk 3 times per week. In my defense, I am having some trouble with my knee. Arthritis. You may be thinking, “excuses, excuses, excuses,” but it really is an issue and I haven’t been able to walk. I’m still keeping it for next month.
- Plan and execute a Whole 30 Thanksgiving.
- Give my house a thorough
- Continue previous blogging goals – stick to calendar / continue to grow social media / continue EBA
Keep it simple stupid (KISS) That is my plan; to focus on these 6 things for November. It sounds simple enough, and yet experience has taught me that goals are rarely simple.
What are your goals for November? Do you intend to finish 2016 strong? Or fizzle out quietly? It’s really up to you. Let’s do this!