“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien,
It is time for October goals! September sure came and went in a flurry. Not a snow flurry, thankfully, but a flurry just the same. I keep trying and trying and yet, the goals are still so hard to accomplish.
- Engage with the Lord – this is an ongoing struggle to prioritize
I completely failed the Lord on this one. For all of my proper prior planning, I just didn’t get it done. I didn’t even start the prayer journal. I’m going to give it a go again in October.
1. Reading devotional daily
2. Starting a prayer journal
Start the Whole30 food planYes! I am currently on day 4 of the Whole30. I plan to tell you all about it later this week! Get to bed by 11:00 pm nightlyI think I did this about 50% of the time. The goal remains for October but I’m calling it a win!
- Limit my TV time to 1 show per day Yah, so I guess I am a binge watcher at heart. I will say that I have been able to work on the blog while binge watching “Switched at Birth”🙂
Plan 1 excellent date night with Big JonI actually planned a fabulous weekend, but I got sick and we didn’t go. I’m going to repeat this for October!
- Move my direct deposit to savings and keep that money in savings I picked up the form but forgot to turn it in!
- Create a manageable budget still a work in progress 🙂
- Get through Elite Blog Academy (EBA) Unit 5 – Actually I meant Unit 4. I have been working diligently on this one. I am super excited that I now have an accountability partner to help with this.
- Increase my social media followers by 100 – My current followers are as such:
Facebook – 118 126 – +8
Twitter – 110 113 – +3
Instagram – 146 192 – +46
Pinterest – 355 388 – +33
Bloglovin – 63 70 – +7
That is a total increase of 97 followers across social media! Ohhh, so close!
- Organize my email by creating appropriate mailboxes Nope
- Stick to my editorial calendar unless the Lord intervenes. I’d say I did OK on this one. Not perfect but definitely an improvement
Overall, It was a pretty good month. Especially considering I was down with a bug for about 10 days.
For October I’d like to add the following things to the October Goals:
Walk 3 times per week
Create a Social Media schedule
Get on an accountability schedule with my partner
With a busy life, work, blogging, and being ill this month for about ten days I think I actually did OK. I think the thing I am most disappointed in myself about is my lack of self-discipline. That truly is the root of the problem, right?
You may be wondering just how I plan to turn the October Goals around.
First of all, I plan to post the goals in a place where I can view them daily. The constant reminder will be very helpful for me, along with the constant nagging I might get from Favorite Third Son and Big Jon to stick to the goals! 🙂
In the end, I could choose to beat myself up about my failure in September or I can put on my big girl panties and give it a go again in October.
I’m going to give it a go! Consider this…
“It’s just that in the Deep South,
women learn at a young age that when the world is falling apart around you,
it’s time to take down the drapes and make a new dress.”
― Karen Marie Moning